I love fall, but when it’s still so hot outside, I’m finding it difficult to get into the autumn mood.
However, my beautiful child doesn’t care that it’s hot outside… he wants to be out there all the time!! So I’m trying to get myself in the mood with some fall activities for kids so I can enjoy the season with him, even when it’s hot! Plus, most of them are completely free!
If you’re lucky enough to be somewhere like Kentucky, Oregon, or California, this may not be an issue for you, but here in the good ol’ Lone Star State, it’s still blazing hot when “fall” rolls around!
So that got me to thinking, how could we start enjoying fall now? I came up with a list of 29 things that you could do to enjoy fall, even when it’s hot outside.
29 Fall Activities for Kids (even when it’s hot outside!)
1. Make a fun fall treat!
2. Introduce your child to your favorite childhood fall shows, like The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.
3. Go to a pumpkin patch and take pictures
4. Make acorn flour chocolate chip cookies.
5. Help your child make a list of things they’re thankful for.
6. Visit a corn maze.
7. Take your family holiday card photo.
8. Rake leaves and then…
9. Play in the leaves!
10. Break out the Fall coloring pages!
11. Create a Fall Sensory Activity.
12. Have a picnic under a shade tree.
13. Create a fall themed family tree game!
14. Go for a drive to see the fall foliage. (Hurry before it all dies!!)
15. Make some aluminum leaf art.
16. Go on a nature scavenger hunt.
17. Go to a fall festival.
18. Pick sunflowers and roast their seeds for a tasty snack.
19. Pick pine-cones and decorate your home with them.
20. If you have older kids, volunteer as a family at a shelter or soup kitchen.
21. Make corn-husk dolls.
22. Make a scarecrow.
23. Take a nighttime hayride.
24. Have a Fall-themed scavenger hunt with your kids.
25. Make some Fall scented playdough!
26. Eat candy corn.
27. Roast pumpkin seeds.
28. Watch the harvest moon (for a fun late night treat).
29. Make oven s’mores and eat them on a blanket in the living room!
But most of all, enjoy the time together no matter the season right? I’ll just be over here trying to remember that while I melt into a puddle 😉
Leave a Reply