Fall has many sights, sounds, smells, textures, and colors to enjoy. Make sure your little ones get the full experience with these 13 fall toddler sensory activities!
Fall Toddler Sensory Activities
Autumn has so much to offer and this year my baby boy is big enough to really be aware. Pumpkin pie spice, oranges, reds, and browns fill this list to help your toddler make the most of the season.
And just like my 23 Toddler Led Activities without Screens list, many of the things on this list you probably already have! So check out these activities and see what you can make today!
2. Fall Contact Paper Tree – I’m absolutely in love with this idea! I’m going to cut out some little acorns and animals to go with the leaves in the original version.
4. Easy Fall Slime – With 2 different scent options and endless colors to create, this fall slime recipe can be made many times throughout the season for endless fall sensory activities fun!
5. Fall Play Dough Recipes – Scented with baking spices and colored with a little food dye, you can probably cook these up right now! (If you’re squeamish about standard food dye, you could try these all natural food dyes made from plants instead!)
6. Fall Sensory Bag – This bag is SO pretty! I feel like I’m going to have to make two, because I’m going to want to play with it too!
7. How to Make Colored Rice for Fall Sensory Activities – This could be a fun activity all on its own. But you can also just use these directions to make fall colored rice for all your other fall activities!
8. Fall Colors Pasta Sensory Bin – Another bin with those deep fall colors, this activity bin utilizes colored pasta for its base.
10. Pumpkin Sensory Bag – This one is probably the easiest one on the whole list! If you’re already gutting a pumpkin to carve this fall, just put what you remove in a gallon ziploc, duct tape the edges and let your child have fun!
11. Corn Shaker Fall Music Activity – I know you have everything for this activity right now! An empty bottle, a handful of popcorn kernels, and some festive fall ribbon and you’re golden! I know my little one is going to love this!
12. Exploring Nature Liquid Fall Sensory Bottle – Let you child examine nature more closely as they float in these fun sensory bottles.
13. Five Little Pumpkins Sensory Bottle – Grab your candy corn mix for this one! No liquid in this one, which means my kid (and maybe yours too) would be shaking this as hard as he could to make the most noise! Good thing I’m a former kindergarten teacher and noise doesn’t bother me! 🙂