Lavender is one of the most commonly-used essential oils, earning it’s nick-name as the Swiss Army Knife of essential oils. We’ve been using Young Living Essential Oils for over 8 years, and Lavender is definitely a favorite! It has a relaxing, calming, beautiful scent and can be used to cleanse and soothe the skin, support healthy sleep habits, and can ease occasional stress. Lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty.
Lavender oil is known to support the nervous system, respiratory system, integumentary (hair, skin, nails) system, musculoskeletal system, and is excellent at soothing emotions and promoting healthy sleep habits.
EVERYDAY USES FOR LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL:
– As an air freshener – put 4-6 drops per 5 oz water in a glass spray bottle
– Diffuse for a comforting and calming scent. (I love combing Frankincense and Lavender for a delightful, peaceful aroma.)
– Apply lavender to the bottoms of your feet before bed to help calm your body for sleep, Inhaling and Diffusing lavender at bedtime helps as well
– Unwind by adding a few drops to a nighttime bath.
– Diffuse for a fresh, clean scent and to eliminate odors.
– Add a pinch of Epsom salt and 5-10 drops of lavender in a bottle and fill with distilled water to create a lovely pillow spray.
– Apply to skin to support normal tissue regeneration after minor burns and bumps
– Combine with Copaiba and apply to tired, over-worked muscles and joints
(1) For most, lavender can be applied “neat” – or undiluted to desired area.
(2) Apply on Vita Flex points
(3) Inhale directly
(5) Lavender Vitality may be taken as a dietary supplement as directed on the label
Getting Started with the Premium Starter Kit
Your Premium Starter Kit Includes:
Your Choice of Diffuser
Premium Essential Oils Collection;
Peppermint Vitality™ 5-ml
Lemon Vitality™ 5-ml
Copaiba Vitality™ 5-ml
Thieves® Vitality™ 5-ml
DiGize™ Vitality™ 5-ml
Stress Away™ 5-ml
AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment
10 Sample Packets
2 NingXia Red® 2-oz. samples
Have More Questions About Essential Oils?
Check out my Essential Oil FAQ
BONUS INFO ON LAVENDER:
BOTANICAL NAME: Lavender angustifolia / Lavender officianalis
PLANT ORIGIN: France, Utah, Idaho
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam Distilled
ORAC: 3,669 μTE/100
HISTORICAL DATA: In the early 20th century, René-Maurice Gattefossé, a French chemist, was the first to discover lavender’s ability to promote tissue regeneration and speed wound healing when he applied it to a burn on his hand caused by an explosion in his laboratory. He then started to analyze the chemical properties of essential oils and their numerous benefits to the skin.
Lavender is widely regarded as one of the safest essential oils.
FRAGRANCE INFLUENCE OF LAVENDER OIL:
Lavender essential oil promotes a peaceful environment and calm, balanced emotions, and may relieve anxiety and stress. A 2012 study at the Taipei Medical University Hospital found that diffusing lavender encourages peaceful, restful sleep: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2012/740813
Visit the University of Maryland Medical Center to learn more about some of the therapeutic benefits of Lavender essential oil: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/lavender