I don’t care if it’s still 100 degrees outside, Christmas just isn’t the same without the delicious red and green M&M Christmas candies! So every year I grab a few bags and head home to see what fun treats I can come up with for the Christmas season. To be honest, the vast majority of them get eaten straight from the bag, but I do like to create some fun way to share them with my friends and family too!
This year, with a very busy 19 month old under foot, I knew whatever I was going to do needed to be simple!
Surprisingly, this simple idea for Reindeer Melts Christmas Treats came to me in a flash! Naturally I rushed out to buy the newest M&M Double Chocolate holiday flavor and a few bags of the classic M&M’S® Brand Holiday Milk Chocolate Candies.
Reindeer Melts – Easy Christmas Treats
Not only were these adorable in real life, but they were way easier than I thought! And I knew they were going to be pretty darn easy! 🙂
All I had to do was melt some dark chocolate chips, spoon the melted chocolate onto a lined pan, then place the pretzels and M&M’Sas shown in this picture!
Talk about easy! Seriously, that’s one minute of effort right there!
Then I grabbed the black icing pen I had purchased earlier and dotted these sweet little eyes. Easy peasy!
How to Make Reindeer Melts Christmas Treats for Kids
- Tiny Twist Pretzels
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- M&M’S® Brand Holiday Milk Chocolate Candies
- M&M’S® Brand Double Chocolate
- Black Icing Pen
- Melt dark chocolate chips in a double boiler, or in the microwave until completely melted.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Spoon a full Tablespoon of melted chocolate onto lined tray.
- Place two pretzels at an angle at the top of the melted chocolate circle. Push them into the chocolate until you hit the tray!
- Add two white M&M’S® Brand Double Chocolate pieces in the middle of the chocolate circle and press them deep into the chocolate.
- Add one red M&M’S® Brand Holiday Milk Chocolate Candies at the very bottom center of the chocolate circle and press it gently into the chocolate.
- Using the black icing pen, place a black dot in the center of each white M&M’S® Brand Double Chocolate.
- Place the tray into the fridge and allow treats to set until firm, about 10 minutes.
The Gift of Giving
Not only are these Reindeer Melts a super simple and fast treat, but they have the added joy of being a three-pronged gift!
While I get to share the treats themselves with my friends and family, I also get to invite them into my home for some quality time while we make them too!
And since they are so easy and fast, I know most of our “cooking” time will be “eating and visiting” time!